I need advice — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I need advice

Elliemoo Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi wondering if i am able to claim for diverticulitis  ,i suffer realy bad passing out with pain and unpredictable bowels


  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @Elliemoo

    I am sorry to hear what you have been going through. Which benefit are you looking to claim please?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,731 Disability Gamechanger

    PIP isn't means tested but this isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's now those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. You must also be aged between 16-64, have had the condition for at least 3 months and expect it to last for at least another 9 months.

    Any other benefits you maybe entitled to will totally depend on your circumstances. With no information it's impossible to advise.

    I'd advise you to make an appointment at your local CAB or other advice agency for a full benefits check. They will then be able to advise you correctly, which isn't easy on an internet forum.
  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,154 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Elliemoo

    Good Mand Welcome 😃😃


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.