Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Advice on Carer Allowance
recently won my tribunal and will be back dates from feb 2018 now I have two Carer due to two children under 5 and parnter needs to work aswel, so my Carer who is my Aunty has moved from Italy in 2017 June/July since then she’s been looking after me we pay for al the food she cooks and her travel costs, my question is since she been living in the uk only for 2 and half years when can I apply for Carers allowance, the the Carer team said she needs to live at least 2/3 years in uk am confused, I wanted to apply for feb 2018 for Carer allowance and we have never applied before so any advice as I am new about this CA and also she doesn’t work has a child under 5 she gets children benefit tax and housing partially due her husband working? So what help can she get for looking after me and my kids
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 621 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.