Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is lizbob!
Hi, I am Liz, I was born with bilateral hip dysplacia, undiagnosed until 5years of age ( despite my parents insisting there was something wrong from an early age).3 Ops as a child, and 3 complicated hip reconstructions and knee replacement in the last 16years. Arthritis in left elbow and both hands and left knee. I am 65 years old and awaiting tribunal after being refused any mobility for PIP despite receiving DLA for the last 18 years at the higher rate of mobility for life. So in effect they are saying I am not disabled, my friends and family couldn't believe it. I have been awarded care at standard rate for 3years, ( I understand they are not awarding lifetime PIP but it doesn't make sense as my disability like many others is never going to improve, in fact it is highly likely to deteriorate, so where is the sense in that decision)
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.