PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP f2f waiting time

WrightWright Member Posts: 6 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Went for my f2f on the 6th feFebrua when should I find out 

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Wright Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and your question.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

In response to your question. Have you rung them the DWP to find out?

PIP Helpline 0800 121 4433

ESA Helpline 0800 169 0310

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Wright welcome to the community! There is no specific waiting time, unfortunately. However, this  can all depend on the backlog in your area
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • WrightWright Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thanks no not wrung yet will give it a few days 
    But I know that they say most ppl don't receive it first time 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Wright said:
    Thanks no not wrung yet will give it a few days 
    But I know that they say most ppl don't receive it first time 
    Lots of people receive PIP successfully first time without any problems at all. PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. Remember we mostly only hear the bad stories.

You can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Thanks for the info 
    I'll maybe do that 
  • Guardian9622Guardian9622 Member Posts: 37 Connected
    My F2F report from Dec 18 was very much in my favour. I'm a bit shocked by it to be honest, but STILL no award letter to confirm . . . 10 weeks and counting :/ 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    My F2F report from Dec 18 was very much in my favour. I'm a bit shocked by it to be honest, but STILL no award letter to confirm . . . 10 weeks and counting :/ 
    There's no time scales to decisions, backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    God that's a long time 😱
  • Guardian9622Guardian9622 Member Posts: 37 Connected
    Wright said:
    God that's a long time 😱
    Yes. Tell me about it. I've nearly worn the lounge carpet out with all the shuffling around waiting for the postie each day! 
    Aww hopefully not much longer 
Sign in or join us to comment.