Assessment Complaint — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment Complaint

Options
April67
April67 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi i put in a complaint about my assessor by the way she spoke to my friend & myself i have since heard that when you put in a complaint it does affect the outcome of the decision by the DWP please tell me this is wrong? Thank you

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    It shouldn’t do as they shouldn’t talk nasty to you and it is your right to complain dwp should accept your not happy if you find it does then seek advice good luck 
  • April67
    Options
    It's worrying as I just spoke to someone from the complaints department about my friend taking over with letters from them it was them who said it does affect the outcome 
  • Dotty123
    Options
    That’s wrong tho you shouldn’t be treat that way for telling truth 
  • April67
    Options
    I know its so frustrating its been just over 3weeks since my assessment im dreading the outcome more now ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It doesn't affect any decision made be a decision maker. DWP aren't interested at all in anything like that. All they're interested in is how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April67
    Options
    That's made me feel a lot more at ease thanks.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Dotty123
    Options
    Hi how’s you I asked for one Neva got it 
  • April67
    Options
    @CockneyRebel no not yet I'm scared to lol
  • April67
    Options
    @Dotty123 they should of let you have it as it's all about your health problems try asking again I'm deffo getting mine as I know a lot of stuff will wrong as usual ?
  • Dotty123
    Options
    I’m nil income council gave me £22 rent what do I do 
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Options
    It doesn't affect any decision made be a decision maker. DWP aren't interested at all in anything like that. All they're interested in is how your conditions affect you.

If the HCP gives 0 points, the DWP will stop your ESA, it is as simple as that.
  • Benistmonk
    Options
    Dotty123 said:

Do you normally get your rent paid by the council directly to your landlord?
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Dotty123 said:
    Is that the amount you used to pay before you were found fit for work?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • April67
    Options

I know now a lot of people have said that thanks poppy 
  • April67
    Options
    @Benistmonk I know I've been threw it 4 times now since 2011 it's so nerve racking waiting again ☹
  • poppy123456
    Options

That's not quite correct. Being placed into the support group isn't about scoring points. If there's a support group recommendation then no points will be scored.
  • Benistmonk
    Options
    @April67 Me too, 0 points. No chance of a the DM disagreeing with that score, off to tribunal again for the 5th time now.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    Just to back up what poppy has said. Making a complaint has nothing whatever to do with the outcome of your claim. DWP don't even need to know unless you tell them because the Assessment Provider who did your face to face are a separate company. In my experience making sure DWP knew I wasn't happy helped me go from standard rate to advanced rate mobility but it doesn't mean that will happen to anyone else. Don't worry. Just treat your complaint and your claim as separate things and you'll be OK.  
  • April67
    Options
    @April67 Me too, 0 points. No chance of a the DM disagreeing with that score, off to tribunal again for the 5th time now.
    Wow 5times thats crazy they really trying it with us its so not fair ☹

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.