I'm a carer for my husband — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm a carer for my husband

Isi
Isi Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm a carer for my husband 52 who has life limiting dysautonomia. His particular diagnosis is rare and I've yet to be in contact with anyone in the UK caring for his condition - orthostatic hypotension, gastric and bladder problems, very low immunity, mood swings ( he can be particularly agressive and blunt verbally ) and communication issues ( unless his blood pressure is higher than usual he doesn't process fully written or verbal communications...can't talk to him when lying or sitting down !) . Life is very challenging and lonely after 27 years of an active life with vibrant banter and with the financial burden now transferred to me and 2 teens starting uni ( one with Asperger's) it would be lovely to be part of a community who really understand what we are going through . Thanks .

Comments

• Ununpentium
    Ununpentium Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hello Isi! Welcome to Scope.

We have a carers forum on here that might be somewhere you can talk to like minded people. In particular this topic might be of interest https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/35980/road-to-resilience-how-to-avoid-feeling-overwhelmed#latest

Sarah
    Sarah - Online Community Volunteer
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Isi Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what you are going through. How can we as a community be supportive. Ready to listen.

We are friendly, care and share.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join.

Please ask if we can help with anything. Some one will know. From our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,666 Scope online community team
    Hi @Isi, welcome to our community and thank you for your honesty. It sounds like you're having to face a significant adjustment. If we can do anything to support you, or you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask. In the meantime, please get involved in the discussions across our community we're a friendly bunch!

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.