feeling lonely — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

feeling lonely

Autismmummy
Autismmummy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi Everyone :-)

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Autismmummy welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Autismmummy
    Hi Ami :)

I am 42 i have a lot healthwise going on.

I have a 7 year old little boy who is Autistic and has additional and complex needs which is very very rewarding but also very hard for me to keep up with. 

I have brought him up on my own.

I have no family support and 1 friend who lives almost 20 miles away and don't get to see her half as much as i would like to. Her son is also autistic and a little younger than my boy and we used to go out quite a lot in the warmer months.

And lots of worries .....lots ..... :/  

and i feel lonely as a person could ever be :/ 
  • Autismmummy
    Hi @Ami2301 I'm sorry it wasn't a very happy reply.

I'm just wondering how to work the page/website lol

I hope you are well x
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry @Autismmummy I fell asleep!

I am sorry to hear how you are feeling, we are here for you :) Have you looked online for support groups in your local area?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm so sorry to read how lonely you feel @Autismmummy. You're very welcome to our community and please don't hesitate to stick around and get involved in lots of our discussions. Of course if you ever need any advice or have some questions, we'll do our best to support you.

Is your son in mainstream school? Does he get much support and do they offer any family support at all to you locally?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Felicity_Alumni
    Felicity_Alumni Scope Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi @Autismmummy,
    It sounds like you are going through a really challenging time.  
    Just to let you know Scope have recently launched a support service for parents of disabled children.  Navigate is a 6 week service which offers emotional and practical support to parents who are going through the early months of diagnosis or on the pathway to diagnosis. 

Here is the link to the service page where you will find more information, and an online application form. 

https://www.scope.org.uk/navigate 

I hope this helps.

Felicity 
    Felicity Hilton

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.