Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can I change group from work related to support

gez1357gez1357 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Can I change from work related to support ESA my health has deteriorated. I Can t even get myself to the Drs. Been like it since Xmas 


  • Antonia_AlumniAntonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Welcome to the community @gez1357 I am sorry to hear this, how are you doing today? Maybe you can try asking for a call back from you GP. According to the Citizen Advice website; if you think you have been put in the wrong group, You can ask the DWP to re-think their decision. This is called ‘mandatory reconsideration’. You can contact your local CAB for advice or you can come to us if you have any questions. :)
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 8,007

    Scope community team

    Hi @gez1357, how long have you been in the work related group? 
    If it has been a while and your condition has deteriorated, you need to inform the DWP. This will trigger a review and usually another assessment whereby they will decide which group you should be in based on your condition now. 
    Community Manager
Sign in or join us to comment.