Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can I apply for Universal Credit on PIP?

johnbjohnjohnbjohn Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2019 in Universal Credit
I am receiving PIP , would I still be able to receive universal credit

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,941

Scope community team

Hi @johnbjohn, welcome to the community!

Yes you can, but if you’re currently in receipt of SDP you can’t presently apply for UC.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • johnbjohnjohnbjohn Member Posts: 5 Listener
    I have multiple sclerosis which I have just been diagnosed , would that entitle me to any other benefit. Thanks
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will totally depend on your circumstances. Universal credit is a means tested benefit and claiming it depends on other household income. I'd advise a visit to your local CAB for a full benefits check.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Can I claim universal credit and also pip? Thank you
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    They are two separate benefits. If you meet the criteria then you can claim both
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    Please tell me the criteria thanks
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    For Universal credit it will depend on your circumstances. Household income, savings/capital. Putting your details into a benefits calculator will tell if you'll be eligible to claim or not. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/ Or you can make an appointment at an advice agency near you for a full benefits check.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • sassysailorsassysailor Member Posts: 8 Listener
    I don't know if this will help but I am on UC I have two children on my own I am also in receipt of pip but I was on UC first I'd enquire through your local job centre it's worth a try 
Sign in or join us to comment.