Council Tax rebate question — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Council Tax rebate question

ocdman Member Posts: 55 Connected
Hello, im not sure what will happen here , if anybody knows I would be grateful.

At the beginning of the month I paid my council tax bill for this coming year. I was receiving almost full rebate because I was receiving income based esa in the support group and paid roughly £240 Then my mother died an Ive came into money which knocks me of my entitlement to income based esa. So ive informed all the authorities DWP and the Council included but im wondering what happens to this council tax bill. Im aware now I need to pay full rent as I dont qualify for housing benefit but I paid for the council tax bill in full when I was receiving the full entitlements so do you think they will let it stand or recalculate it ?

Thanks for any advice etc in advance




Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.