Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Good result from ESA
Further to the question about ESA stopping, I phoned up DWP today. I had to wait on the line for over half an hour, but at least the call was free. I explained to the lady on the line that my son used to get DLA and ESA, but now that he has been moved over to PIP, he no longer gets ESA. She was very helpful and talked to someone her end to find out what had happened as ESA is independent of DLA and PIP, and is not means tested. She came back on the line to say that not only had she re-instated the ESA, but that my son will be getting a large back payment for the money he should have got. It is well worth phoning the DWP and the lady I spoke with couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 133 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.1K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.