PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip northern ireland

bernie87bernie87 Member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi just wondering if anyone has any idea about northern Ireland timescales. Its been 13 weeks from my claim started and 8 weeks from my face to face. I was sent a message saying I'd hear within 6 weeks when they received my report but still nothing. I had rung last week and told it was still with the dm and to ring back today. I did this and was told it's in the process. Does that mean the decision is being processed or just another way to say its with the dm? Also because I'm in northern Ireland we cannot get our assessment letter from them until we recieve the decision which means I'm totally in the dark

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @bernie87, Hello, there is no actual time scale for a decision to be made on your award. You are correct that you can not request a copy of your assessment report till you have received your award notification letter. 
  • bernie87bernie87 Member Posts: 23 Connected
    Thanks wilko. Was just seeing if anyone else in northern Ireland had a rough idea. I dont understand why the say an time ie 6 weeks then they leave you not knowing its s frustrating 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 8,001

Scope community team

Hi @bernie87 and welcome to the community. It sounds like nothing has been confirmed yet unfortunately. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you. Please keep us informed and let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
    Thank you @Adrian_Scope. Thought as much. I will definitely keep you informed 
  • meaghanmeaghan Member Posts: 37 Connected
    hi bernie87 I am also from ni reland and waiting 21 weeks since first appling for pip after my assessment and hearing nothing started to enquire after week 8 .told me it was with audit not to worry didn't need any more info ect then got a call to say needed another assessment as you can imagine my anxiety was through the roof no explanation could be given ,I have now had a second f2f assessment 3 wks ago rang today its still with capitia its awful very stressful even people on the phone are saying its very unusual but nothing they can do ,so hopefully you don't have to go through same as me ,just wanted to let you know in case its some sort of back log 
    Omg @meaghan that is horrendous. Did they say why they needed to give you a second f2f? I'm sure you are going crazy! Not really fair putting people through so much stress. I had assumed there was a back log when I rang and they were just passive with it considering i was given a time frame and it's now passed. Hope you get yours all sorted soon 
    Hi bernie 87 no few days before told me it was still with audit andsay didnt know why it was talking so long ..i then rang dwp they didnt even know i had had my first assessment they said they couldnt do anything untill capita sent the assessment to them ...eventually after 3 weeks going back forth fro capitia to dwp ..i got the phone call saying they need second assessment. No explanation given they didnt seem to know why .i can only guess they lost it or first assessment made a blunder and left .but still unfair on me ..i rang today again to ask any decision on my second assessment as it been 3 weeks ..again its still with capita so here we go again..hope you get sorted soon bernie good luck 
    Hi bernie so in total i waited 8 weeks from first assessment and now 3 from second assessment and and 21 wks in total from applying for pip ...
    @meaghan that is unreal. No explanation no nothing. I assume when they done the audit they realised that the assessor hadn't done it right? 21 weeks is a really long time. Feel bad considering mine has only been 13 and I'm complaining lol 
    @meaghan have you heard anything yet? 
    Hi bernie87 had my second assessment ..nothing yet except a text saying they have received my written assessment. And will hear within 6 weeks ...its already 20 weeks since applying for pip ...
    Did you get anyword your self bernie87..hope all went well for you its so stressful waiting for the outcome ..
    @meaghan No still nothing. It's been 9 weeks since i have received that message. Rang and they said the is no timeframe that's just a guideline and it can take as long as needed. Coming up 16 weeks on mine now and doesnt look like it's going to end anytime soon unfortunately 
    Its awful ...heard of people getting it within 4 weeks i am going to ring this wk if i hear nothing by fri ...
    @meaghan that's all I ever hear about how quick everyone's is. Mine all went really quick at the start so think I had a false sense of hope lol. Good luck when I ring they just say theres no update and that's it done
    Awful system they have cant understand how it can take so long in certain areas and really quick in others ..16 weeks for you and 22 for me is unbelievable to say the least ...
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. If the report is chosen for audit then this can significantly delay the decision process because there's no timescales how long the report will remain in audit.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Well unfortunately ive had to endure 2 f2f assessments and still no.reason for 2 or no decision its just added stress that dosent help me and ii know other people in same situation just the waiting is unbearable 
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    Good luck with your assessment! 
    Thanks everyone for all your help and advice its my first time ever having to claim for anything untill  now and find it all very daunting and really just very stressed .its great to get help and advice ..
  • Vicki988Vicki988 Member Posts: 24 Connected
    edited June 2019
    I've had my asessment and they recieved my report and told me it could be 6 weeks before I know, a while ago it was just 3 but I waited nearly 5 months for my assessment I only got it through the help of the benefits office
  • Bruno78Bruno78 Member Posts: 38 Connected
    Had my assessment just over a week ago, got a text today to say they have received my report. Does it usually take long after receiving that text? The whole dla to pip process started in January for me! I am due my next DLA payment in 2 weeks, dont know if they will try to get their decision in before that to either boot me off dla or to award me pip before that so its a smooth transitition! Worrying times 😥
    @Bruno78 I'm pretty sure if you are on dla you keep getting payments until a decision is made on pip 
    @Vicki988 I received the same msg after my assessment and have bern waiting 9 weeks now. When I called they said that it's a guideline and there is no actual timeframe 
    I had my first assessment end jan they did another 1 end april and i still have no decision...good luck hope its quicker than mine 
    bernie87 said:
    @Vicki988 I received the same msg after my assessment and have bern waiting 9 weeks now. When I called they said that it's a guideline and there is no actual timeframe 
    Its awful, I put my claim in at the start of January =[
    Everybody in England applying for PIP seem to be able to request the assessors report once they get the text saying they have received the medical report. Apparently we are not allowed to do that in Northern Ireland until the award decision is made! At least you would get a fair idea of what you may or may not receive as you can add up the assessors points. I'm aware the DM can add or take away points but the usually go near enough with the assessors report.
    @Bruno78 I know it seems that northern Ireland are always the ones that get penalised. As you say at least we would have a fair idea. As this is my first time claiming I have absolutely no idea whether I will be successful or not and it does get rather tiresome waiting around 
  • twonkertwonker Posts: 617 Member
    bernie87 said:
    @Bruno78 I know it seems that northern Ireland are always the ones that get penalised. As you say at least we would have a fair idea. As this is my first time claiming I have absolutely no idea whether I will be successful or not and it does get rather tiresome waiting around 
    No not penalised, they are doing what the UK should be doing!
    In the UK some of the DWP will send it out some won't - it depends who you speak with.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Just incase others are reading this, if you live in the UK and the adviser refuses to send out the report to you, ring again to speak to someone different. The next person will most likely agree to send it out to you. It happened to me.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Hi received my award letter today. Didnt even get 1 single point. Rang for assessors report and going to compare then go for MR. Hope everyone else gets a better result 
    Omg i am so sorry bernie87  i cant believe it ...i still havent heard anything. Did your assessment go well ..it really is very hit and miss with this pip so unfair the way people get treated...keep me posted how everything goes for you 
    Thank you @meaghan I had kinda set myself up for it already with the stories. More surprised they didnt even give me one point. I thought my assessment went well she let me take time explaining things even though sometimes the words dont come easily when my brain decides to not work lol. Hopefully you hear soon and it goes well for you. You have been through enough already! My assessors report is getting sent me so I'll see what has been wrote on that
    Im just shocked you never got any points and so dissapointed for you ..im thinking ill be the same as you but time will tell i hope all works out for you and you get the justice you deserve eventually. Terrible we ave to fight for everything when its a time we should be getting the help were entitled too ..
    bernie87 said:
    Hi received my award letter today. Didnt even get 1 single point. Rang for assessors report and going to compare then go for MR. Hope everyone else gets a better result 
    This is what I'm dreading =[
    @meaghan thank you. I really hope you dont get the same. @vicki988 please dont worry about it. I know that's easier said than done but hopefully I got the bad one and you all have an easier time x
    Hi folks ..got my decision letter today at last enhanced for daily living and standard for mobility..so relieved after such a long wait thanks for all the advice ...
    meaghan said:
    Hi folks ..got my decision letter today at last enhanced for daily living and standard for mobility..so relieved after such a long wait thanks for all the advice ...
    How long did you wait from f2f? Into my 7th week next week
    Had my f2f in feb and had to have another one end of april its been very long process for me 

Bruno78 said:
    meaghan said:
    How long did you wait from f2f? Into my 7th week next week
    It needs to count from when you get the text saying they recieved the report, for me it was 6 weeks

In that case it was almost 9 weeks from second f2f 
    Hi bernie 87 ..did you do an mr have been wondering how you got on with ypur report ..
    @meaghan yeah I did. Habent heard anything about it. Dont hold out alot of hope to be honest 
    I really hope it comes good for you ..its such an ordeal and so stressful applying for pip the waiting time is just ridiculous 
    Very true @meaghan it is horrendous how they make you worry for so long. Thank you I'll keep you informed x
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bernie87, I really hope you are not waiting long for the MR but please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help :) 

I'm so glad you got the award you wanted @meaghan!!
    Scope

Thank you @Chloe_Scope appreciate it 
    Thank you chloe ..
    No problem at all @bernie87 and @meaghan :)
    Scope

Got a phone call about my MR. The guy said he seen a few things wrong in the report and that the assessor contradicted herself a few times (one of the main reasons I actually went for a MR) so he asked for more evidence so sent that in and he said I should hear in 10 weeks so fingers crossed 
    that's great news bernie 87 fingers crossed for you ,I really hope its good news ,
    Thank you @meaghan. To be honest I'm pretty defeated about it all so I've lost hope. If they realise how wrong the assessors can be and make it easier for people in the future that's a win for me 
    I totally understand i was exactly the same it took from start or jan untill end of june for my process. It was awful and so stressful something needs to be done about the whole process it just makes you more ill and adds to our illness ..just try stay positive i hope its not to much longer for you ..
    Well I've been given 10 weeks as a rough estimate so going to put it out of my mind until then. Thank you @meaghan
    Thats exactly what i did untill letter arrived...good luck.and keep me informed 
    I hope the new evidence helps your case @bernie87
    Scope

Sign in or join us to comment.