Asking for a friend who is 75 about benefits he can claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Asking for a friend who is 75 about benefits he can claim

gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
my very good friend is 77 and has a f (a heart condition and polycythaemia Vera (a rare type of blood cancer ) 
he is only claiming state pension nothing else although he has had these conditions for done years. Just yesterday he was given a leaflet on his blood condition and I’ve told him I’ll find out what he can claim . His daughter of 54 lives with him she is unwell too and not working he needs help with lots of things and his health is deteriorating. Can he claim d l a or p I p ? 
He has mobility problems is out of breath easily and he has an irregular heartbeat . 
Any advice welcome . 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.