Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Good Mandatory Reconsideration result
Hi I just thought I would create this post about my MR as i have been frantically searching the internet for the past few weeks while waiting on my decision to try and find positive stories... I was on Top rate DLA indefinitely and reduced to standard rate mobility on PIPs. I have a false hip and thigh bone for the past 20 years and my mobility is getting worse as time goes by. My car is the independence I need for getting to work and around with my family. I challenged the decision with Capita by using the MR and got my doctor to provide a letter ( which was absolutely fantastic) along with medical reports from my consultants in oncology and orthopedics... Today i rang to see if a decision had been made and was advised over the phone that Capita sent the report back to DWP advising they had " misjudged " how severe my condition was and I have now been awarded Standard Rate daily living and Enhanced rate motability!!!! I am over the moon so people please keep the faith and supply more evidence if you can and good luck!! There is some success stories out there!
- 55.5K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 161 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 710 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.