HI, Im new — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HI, Im new

Options
marcbucks
marcbucks Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I'm Marc I'm 47.

Hello people. I'm new to scope and I joined as going through PIP Assessment.. again and wat to read up on what has changed, developed and get to know more people as I live in a bit of a lonely world.

Me, I am a Dad of older kids who developed mental health illness around the age of 30 and then a back problem and stomach problem, I guess in my mid 30s, living with chronic pain and mental health, and related conditions. I take far to many medicines for my liking but the Doctors, tell me they keep me Able to manage! though days I cannot get out of bed, I'm not so sure.

Though I try to make the most of it, but with busy children and not getting out like I use to, has resolved me to being home most days. 

At the moment I have been on PIP since 2015 and last August I got the dreaded reappraisal letter, its taken 9 months to get to the ATOS assessment and now about 3 weeks in for the notification (no news!), So pent-up stress of will I loose my motability car, will I loose my care component?

Desperate to get fit, I swim, well paddle! Desperate for a holiday, I am pretty much in the centre of the UK, so I love the seaside and hope to go soon!

That's me!

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.