Do UC50 form OR Q; go int JCP & ask; my 24 point Tribunal letter been scanned? OR; formal complaint? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Do UC50 form OR Q; go int JCP & ask; my 24 point Tribunal letter been scanned? OR; formal complaint?

MariaR Member Posts: 23 Listener
edited July 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, Ladies & Gents, 
Sorry to bother you again, but I'm in a dilemma. I'm STILL waiting for a UC50 form  Still, after MANY assurances and a dead "live referral". 
I must do it again, hence me waiting for an OFFICIAL UC50 form. The first was a printout from my WORK COACH, St, on 2/5/19, with the address printed on an A4 paper. It was "do-it-yerself" time. So I did; bought an A4 hard backed envelope and paid £7.40 for Special Delivery. I've got the receipt. I ASSUMED that because I got the printout on the 2nd of May I had until the 2nd of June. Nope. My CASE MANAGER had referred me on the 17th of April. I didn't know. I only learned this last week. Did my work coach know? I don't know. His behaviour was strange that day on the 2nd of May. 
Anyway, my question is; should I fill in & send the UC50 and wait for the outcome?
OR, should I put in a formal query in the "Complaints" dept in the DWP, about whether or not my 24 point Tribunal letter, dated 29/5/18, has been scanned as Poppy123456 and Hart86 suggested? 
OR should I go into my JCP with my 24 point letter and ask it to be scanned again? Maybe for the first time, because I didn't actually see my work coach DO anything with it. I don't trust my work coach at all any more. He's done some dubious things in the past and then he "can't recall". 
OR, should I do ALL three ALL at once? 
OR, in a particular order?
I'm really sorry to bother you again, but I'm very confused and VERY apprehensive I'll do something wrong so that the DWP can accuse me of something and I've blown any chance of correcting my situation or that they sanction me. 
Thank you for your time and kind attention.
P.S. @ 11.32 am I've just received a UC50, an official one, WITHOUT an enclosed letter so I have NO return by date and NO enclosed envelope. My case manager DID say she'd send me one. This is what I've got. Should I message her or complain in the DWP dept? With the query about my 24 point Tribunal letter? I'm beginning to think that I should, especially after this latest mistake, deliberate or otherwise, and/or delaying tactic? And, again at my expense. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,699 Disability Gamechanger

    Regarding your ESA Tribunal decision to place you into the Support Group you need to do as advised on your other thread. Ask the case manager for UC to send the MPG1 form to ESA and this will request the details needed.  ESA will already know the Tribunal decision because HMCTS will have already contacted them at the time the decision was made.

    The UC50 form you received today there should have been a letter with that stating the date what date it needs to be returned by. You will need to return that form with all your evidence. Please don't ignore that form otherwise you'll be found fit for work for failing to return it.
  • MariaR
    MariaR Member Posts: 23 Listener
    Poppy, there was NO letter and NO envelope. At all. I've looked high and low in the envelope and found nowt else except the UC50 form. THAT has been ever so efficiently stapled for me. Lucky me........... I've messaged my case manager and I await a reply.  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,555 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MariaR, how are you getting on with this?


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.