PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Pip appeal

deb61deb61 Member Posts: 2 Listener
My son has waited 16 months for his appeal which he had yesterday in Leeds west yorks. Won  on mobility part but not on daily living part.

Replies

• deb61deb61 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    My son has waited 16 months for his appeal and he had  it yesterday,he won the mobility at standard rate but failed the daily living,can he get carers allowance.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 7,162 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @deb61 welcome to th community! Sorry to hear what happened yesterday. Are you asking if your son can claim carers allowance for himself? Or if someone else was to claim carers allowance for caring for him?
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    Can you contest the decision or not? I managed to fight the decision with the help of my son’s amazing lovely social worker. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

He can't claim carers allowance for looking after himself. No one can claim carers allowance for looking after him because he needs to have a daily living award of PIP.

For the Tribunal decision then you won't be able to appeal that decision unless an error in law is found. To know if this is made then you need to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings within 1 month of the date of the decision. Once you receive this then you need to find someone to find the error in law. If that's not found then you won't be able to take it any further.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

you won't be able to appeal that decision unless an error in law is found. To know if this is made then you need to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings within 1 month of the date of the decision. Once you receive this then you need to find someone to find the error in law. If that's not found then you won't be able to take it any further.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.