PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip tribunal decision said no to pip

FribrofighterFribrofighter Member Posts: 4 Listener
Can someone advise me please I had My tribunal decision today and scored 6 & 4 so no pip award can I appeal the tribunal decision or have to reply for pip thanks  

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that.

The only way you can appeal the decision is if an error in law was made. To know this you need to first request the statement of reasons any record of proceedings from HMCTS and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request these. Once you receive them you need to find someone to have a look to see if they can find the error in law. If that's not found then i'm afraid it's the end of the road for this claim.

You can apply again at anytime but doing this and using the same evidence you recently used will very likely see another refusal and the process starts all over again.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you. This link will help you find what's available in your area.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • FribrofighterFribrofighter Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you I've called CAB awaiting phone call back xx
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll need to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings by emailing HMCTS first. They can take as long as they want to send these out to you but no one will be able to see if there's an error in law without these.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fribrofighter, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the result you wanted at tribunal! Like Poppy has said, it is now about seeing if there has been an error in law.

Please do keep us updated and let us know if we can do anything else to help :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.