Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Assessment

Hello I was in the work related group of ESA then I had a assessment last year and they moved me to the support group I had another assessment over 2 weeks ago but I have not had a reply as yet.How long does it take to get a decision and does it mean they can put me back in work group. I am worried as I suffer with chronic pain and fatigue and have Lupus and Fibromyalgia also depression anxiety. I also had to go by myself as I had no one to go with me it was awful I was in so much pain and the anxiety was to much. Thank you 

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, there is no set time for decisions to be made you like many others have to wait but 4 weeks is the usual time. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They can either keep you in the support group, move you to the WRAG or find you fit for work. Ring DWP and request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.