What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Living in caravan want to get on council list

Hello, I am registered disable & get PIP. My husband also gets PIP. We also both receive carers allowance and ESA. We currently spend most our time living in a caravan. This was the only option available to us, after my mum died and we sold her house. We found it very hard finding landlords that would take us on due to benefits. We would like to get council housing now. We've been living here for about 2.5 years but are concerned what the council could do. We shouldn't officially be living here, so have to say it's a 11.5 month holiday, but not sure how well this would go down with the council. Has anybody any idea how this could go? Thanks


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    I'd advise you to speak to a local advice agency near you regarding this and they will be able to give you the correct advice.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member

    Speak to your council. They can answer questions and provide information too. 
Sign in or join us to comment.