Where to find cheap mobility scooters? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where to find cheap mobility scooters?

Options
MobileRyan
MobileRyan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Mobility stores are fantastic if you want to go and have a proper look and get a feel of the right scooter for you, but online stores offer much lower prices. If you need to have a go on the scooter before you buy, you can go into a mobility shop and see what's right for you, then proceed to buy online. One cheap online store is Great British Mobility, they also stock a huge variety of scooters from popular to the less common ones. There's different types of scooters to suit your needs and they even offer mobility scooter finance so you don't need to pay in one big chunk: https://greatbritishmobility.co.uk/mobility-scooters.html . So if you're looking for cheap scooters, have a search around, there are plenty of stores out there.

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi, I had a scooter for 13 years and it never gave me any trouble...just needed to replace 1 battery, which is normal.
    It was a Sovereign Shoprider...4 wheeler....I bought it in 2000 and paid £1,895 for it!!! I know! Now you can buy the same scooter for £795!!! Second hand ones will be even cheaper.

I gave it to a needy person when I became a full time wheelchair user.

Enjoy scooting!
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know there is another 1 big day event coming up soon. You can find more information here about it- https://www.motability.co.uk/news-views-and-events/one-big-day/harrogate/
    We attended one today. So much information. I took a list of questions with me. Not only did I have a opportunity to ask questions I even had a chance to test out some cars and scooters at the event. We met with advisors and experts too. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.