Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

Msbettyboop
Msbettyboop Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
Hi, I was awarded pip till August 2020 but understand I will be reviewed 1 year prior to this, which will be this coming August. Does anyone know if the form will come straightaway in August and does payment stop during this time?   
Is it possible it will come a few months later? I just want to be prepared, especially money wise and im asking as I think I saw a post saying people are starting to get them a few months later after the review time. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, and welcome, the reassessment used to be 12 months before an award ended but the DWP have reduced it to 6 months for many, so try not to worry and you will be notified in plenty of time, it won’t do any harm getting evidence ready for the reassessment updated medical evidence and hospital letters and maybe start a dairy of how your illnesses, disability effects you on a daily basis in relation to the PIP descriptors.
  • Msbettyboop
    Msbettyboop Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Thank you Wilko, as always such a great help on these things! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Msbettyboop, I understand this is a massive worry for a lot of people! I know I'll be getting my review soon as well.

@wilko has given some great advice, and I hope this helps :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.