Mental health issues
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

LWCRA

xxxxxxxxxx Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 2019 in Mental health issues
I have been awarded LWCRA since march 19andhadmyassesment in June but I was told in journal no backpayment why I have given fit notes march April and a six month one in mayplease help I have looked online and that you should get it now it's August 19 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    HI,

Unless you were previously claiming ESA before UC then there's a 3 month waiting period. This means that LCWRA element is paid on the 4th month of your claim, from when you sent in your first fit note. This means that because you didn't send in fit notes until March then there's no backdated money owed but you should now be receiving the extra £366 per month but only if your award is definitely LCWRA. If it's just LCW then there's no extra money.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @xxxxx and a warm welcome to the community, I hope the advice above helps :)
    Scope

Sign in or join us to comment.