Constant Pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Constant Pain

Options
Redbel75
Redbel75 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi my name is Belinda and Ive been struggling with shoulder and neck pain for many years.I had a bicep anchor put in and abit of my shoulder shaved but it never relieved the pain I was in then last April 2018 I had double disc replacement at the c5-c6 c6-c7 that eased the nerve issue but not the constant pain Im having in my neck.On top of this I started having lower back pain 5 weeks ago and it seems to be getting worse not better and seems to be sreading up to the middle off my back and into my bum.I know its early days with the back issue but its scared me how low it has made me feel quite quickly as Im in constant pain with my neck and shoulder and having the back ontop of it all is getting me down.How does everyone deal with their chronic pain
Thanks Belinda

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Belinda, I may be suggesting something you`ve already tried...so apologies if that is so....

my own back pains have been partly put down to posture and support. I`m a full time wheelchair user and am currently awaiting another back support assessment. I often lean and fall over to the left. I`ve been told my spine does lean to the left.

Pain relief for this sometimes helps by taking paracetomol every 4 hours.
    love Pollyxx
  • Redbel75
    Options
    Hi Polly
         I came off gabepentin and tramadol in Feb this year as was having side effects.I have tried ibuprofen,paracetamol,zapain,massages,acupuncture
    heat,stretches but dont get any relief too scared to try exercising incase it makes the pain even worse do do some gentle walking x
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    I've had shoulder and neck pain, which causes headaches on a regular basis, for... 15 years? I have no idea if this would help you, but treatment for other chronic pain involved stretching 3 times a day - just very light stretches of the whole body. One stretches my traps. After doing them for a couple of weeks, the shoulder/neck pain/headaches got a bit better. Maybe it would help?

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Redbel75 and a warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear you are in constant pain. Have you been seen by the chronic pain clinic recently?
    Scope

• Redbel75
    Options
    Hi 
        Thanks for the replies I havent been seen by the pain clinic for afew years but will ask when I next go the doctors
    Thanks Belinda
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Redbel75, I hope they will be able to help! Please feel free to have a look around the community, get involved and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

You may find the Coffee Lounge a good place to start. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.