Housing

Marklove
Marklove Community member Posts: 17 Connected

Right one of my reasons I've come on here is also to make new friends but to ask advice about a move of sorts.

I did a shared ownership via TVHA 20 years ago and things have changed I've lived in the county of Surrey for nearly 30 years before that I was at Papworth village and before that Hinwick Hall college in Northampton.

I originate from The London Borough of Bexley and in some ways I'd like to return there as my sister and her family live in the next borough up Greenwich and I would most prefer to live near to her and the family.

I'm a wheelchair user and partially sighted and I'm very independent as far as I can do most things for myself but need help now with some of the dressing due mainly to age.

I'd be looking at trying to get another bungalow and so this post is to seek advice like all the other posts I've done this is an on going thing

Comments

• Marklove
    Marklove Community member Posts: 17 Connected

Hi all again I'd like to move as I've lived in Surrey 30 years and 20 years in this shared ownership bungalow.

I'd like to move nearer to my sister and I'm looking at the London Borough of Bexley would be interested in hearing from people from the Borough

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,865 Championing
    Have you talked to the council or not? If you google it online you might be able to find opinions online. Let us know what happens! 
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 828 Trailblazing
    Perhaps  its worth trying both Bexley and Greenwich,  and maybe the RNIB and/or Kent Blind for information and ideas.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,865 Championing
    edited September 2019
    Hello @Marklove

How are you today? Ring the local council, to see if they can help you. Also get in touch with a charity like RNIB or other local charities that support blind folks for more information.