Assessment phase waiting time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment phase waiting time

duckeggblue
duckeggblue Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello.
I began my esa claim in May after I could no longer cope at work. My form about what I find hard was returned on time in mid-July. I have been receiving the assessment rate of esa for this time. My support worker called in August to find out when I would receive a date to have a face to face assessment. They said they had sent a form for my GP who had returned it to them. They said it would take a while to send a date for a face to face assessment but as it is coming to the end of September I am getting very anxious. Does anybody know how long I can expect to wait? This is my first experience and I dont understand the system but it feels like a long time. Thank you. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Waiting times for assessments depend on backlog in your area. Some wait a few months, while other wait several and more, there's really no timescales. 

Most people have face to face assessments so expect one of those because paper based assessments are rare. Once a decision's been made on your claim if you're placed into the support group you'll receive backdated money dated from the 14th week of your claim. As it's New style ESA you're claiming then Support Group is paid for as long as you remain in the group.

If you're placed into the WRAG your money will remain the same but it will stop after 365 days because it's time limited in this group. You will then continue to receive your NI credits towards your state pension.

If you're found fit for work your money will stop.

If you disagree with the decision once it's made you'll have 1 month from the date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @duckeggblue. I'm sorry we are unable to help you any further. Was there anything else we can do?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.