Hi, my name is Sannan! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sannan!

Options
Sannan
Sannan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I have a few age related disabilities that stop me doing all the things I thought I could do when I retired. I have COPD which makes me breathless most of the time especially when the weather is hot or cold and arthritis in my spine which causes pain when standing  and walking. A shoulder replacement a few years ago has made a big change as well as now I have limited movement in my right arm ( I was right handed before this ) after falling and breaking my humorus bone and shattering the top of the bone into three pieces, one of which died due to no blood supply. Due to not having the operation asap the rotator muscle got no blood supply and died as well. I am trying to live as 'normal' a life as I can so have thought through each problem and adapted my life to do this. There is far too much to write all at once so I will add more as time goes on. Thank you for giving me an outlet as I don't want to always talk about problems with my lovely family.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Sannan. You really sound like you have a lot going on at the moment. How much support have you been receiving?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Sannan   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear what you are going through.

You come to the right place for support and information and most important of all friendship.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members. Who join the community.

Please have a look around the website. We are friendly. Please feel free to join in discussions.

Please ask the community anything.  Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sannan
    Sannan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, I will be joining in as soon as my next holiday starting this Friday is over. Sannan
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Sannan, hope you enjoy your holiday. Where you off to?
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sannan and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I am sorry to hear of your health struggles.  You have come to the right place to gain support and make new friends.  Lovely people on here who are very caring and supportive.  I hope you enjoy your holiday and I look forward to reading more of your posts.  I'm sure you will enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best. :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Edster77
    Edster77 Community member Posts: 162 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Sannan Welcome to the community
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sannan
                        Welcome to the online community. I am sorry to hear of the health problems you have been going through. There are lovely people on the community and we are here to support each other. I look forward to reading more posts from you, I hope that you have a lovely holiday. Thank you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.