Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Permitted Work and sickness pay

Hello

I will keep it brief-ESA, Support Group, doing permitted work-off from this with GP note, paid SSP from employer-I have been told I shouldn't be getting this as ESA is technically, already this. Experience/advice please.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Can i just ask you to confirm that you're claiming ESA in the Support Group and you were doing permitted work but are now claiming SSP through that employer and still claiming ESA?

If that is correct then i'm afraid you can't claim SSP and ESA at the same time.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • MaryPoppin1651MaryPoppin1651 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you Poppy! This is exactly what I thought-yes, you are exactly right about support group etc... I told my employer I am not allowed it, but they paid it. I want to pay it back and I am not being told how to... 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    I really have no idea how you repay that back. Did DWP know you were doing permitted work? i'm assuming you were working less than 16 hours per week and earning no more than £131.50 per week after deductions?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • MaryPoppin1651MaryPoppin1651 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks Poppy, yes all done with DWP etc . I appreciate your confirmation today .
Sign in or join us to comment.