Various health problems — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Various health problems

em83
em83 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
I am a 36  year old female,I have unilateral cerebral palsy, a heart murmur,endometriosis, anemia (so tired and breathless now) arthritis in  my hands,feet,ankles and shoulder, depression ,anxiety ,emotionally unstable personality disorder and PTSD. Up until a year ago I also had arteriovenous malformation , which  caused high risk of stroke and high risk of anurysm ,luckily radiation got rid of the tangle of vessels in my brain. I struggle everyday mentally and physically. I have been in and out of mental health hospitals for the last 20 years and in and out of general hospitals all of my life (age 36) I haven't enjoyed life for so long, everyday is so painful both mentally and physically , has anyone any suggestions on how to make life more comfortable ? Easier to manage ? I have just had a wetroom installed so that makes showering easier being able to sit down. My joint pain from arthritis is bad now the weather has got colder. I try to tell myself I should order my groceries to help me manage better so I haven't go to struggle to carry things ,but anxiety over delivery always prevents me ordering , I never used to get anxiety that bad before . I only have one friend really, and she has social phobia ,but I try to visit her. If I can get out I manage a few things, but then it leaves me exhausted and in pain for hours/days. I just want to know how I can lead a normal life. I spend 95 percent of my time alone 

Comments

• WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Hello, could you have a delivery box perhaps a secure place to leave your delivery?
    amazon pantry I saw advert where they smart lock delivery- don’t know how much it costs.
  • em83
    em83 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    I don't know about that but I could look into it , thanks :) . I struggle to cope with any deliveries as I worry endlessly about the delivery, like what if it doesn't turn up, or ends up somewhere else. I recently went without a fridge for 3 months after mine broke cos I couldn't cope with the delivery of a new one. I am pleased to say I finally got one last week 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.