Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Daughter with aspergers and may have PDA
Hi I'm struggling and have been for a long time I have health issues myself ,but my main person is my daughter shes 17 got diagnosed at 15 with aspergers , in the past year shes took 2 over doses and self harmed twice the most recent was self harming last sunday ,she cut through her groin and had to be stitched ?. I have a friend who works for sendiass who says shes almost shore my daughter has PDA .I'm so lost I dont know how to help her she also struggles with structure and commitment, she s never been able to cope with education but is so clever and artistic ,shes been in 6 schools a mental health school and 4 colleges & had a job she couldnt cope I'm so worried for her future .?
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.