DWP haven’t replied to tribunal. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP haven’t replied to tribunal.

Options
westwellgoddard
westwellgoddard Community member Posts: 19 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone. I know it’s probably common but the DWP haven’t replied to the tribunal in the timeframe given, tribunal said on the online tracker ‘ DWP were due to respond to your appeal but they have not yet done so. You do not have to do anything. We’ve contacted them again to ask them to respond. We’ll let you know when they do. ‘ Where do I stand? Is this entirely common? What happens if they don’t reply? Sorry I’m just confused with this all I have autism and I’ve appealed before with not much evidence and they replied in time but this time I appealed I give them evidence I’m autistic and all my other conditions and how it affects me but now they won’t reply? This whole scenario is getting me down I’m on depression tablets ( sertraline ) but they don’t help I’m yet to go back to my GP when I have the energy. I’m so down with this appeals process it’s physically, mentally and emotionally dragged me down. Anyway has anyone else experienced this and what happened?
Last time I was awarded nothing ( still awaiting appeal ) this time I was awarded enhanced daily living and appealing that also.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,238 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Options
    HI,

This happens alot but they will most likely respond eventually. The Hearing will continue as normal and you will still need to attend in person for the best outcome. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any updates @westwellgoddard? I hope it all goes smoothly. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.