Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I have found out now that the service they offer varies enormously depending what county you live in. I live on the county line, and rang my nearest MIND for help and advice. They are in the neighbouring county. They gave me the link for Wellbeing in that county, and there you can access counselling services with them, CBT and similar therapies. I rang them but was told as I'm over the border I have to go to Wellbeing in the county I live in. Here, they offer no counselling or related therapies. (I was referred to Wellbeing last winter and they did nothing). Why is it like this? Why the major difference from county to county?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.