Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Limited capability for work

AWilson198911AWilson198911 Member Posts: 27 Listener
After having my assessment last week I have called universal credit today and was told I couldn’t request my assessment report due to the decision maker having to apply the law to my assessment report first ?

i was also told I have been awarded 15 points but a decision has not yet been made??

its confused me a lot !

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Apply the law to your assessment report? No idea what that means, sorry and have never heard of a decision maker doing that before.

I really don't know how the person you spoke to would have known you had been awarded 15 points if a decision hasn't been made. If a decision's not been made there would be no points awarded yet.

My advice is to try ringing again to speak to someone different. If the report's been returned they will send it out to you before a decision's been made.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • AWilson198911AWilson198911 Member Posts: 27 Listener
    Hi poppy I called up again and they have now managed to send me my assessment report out and was told it had not been looked at yet , but the previous person told me I was awarded 15 points . 

It’s amazing how you can get so many different answers from their service centres !

thank you for your reply 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome,

Yes, indeed! Sometimes they just tell you what they want to and have no idea what they are talking about. Like i said, it would have been impossible for the previous person to know what points you scored.

Once you receive that report pay particular attention to the LCW and LCWRA recommendations towards the back of the report. If you need help to understand it just come back and i'm sure someone will help.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,914 Scope community team
    It's so frustrating when they give mixed or garbled advice such as that @AWilson198911
    I'm glad you were finally able to get them to send a copy out and I hope it arrives quickly. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.