Hi, my name is dextersmum18! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dextersmum18!

dextersmum18
dextersmum18 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello everyone, I'm a mummy to a 21 month old boy called dexter. He has severe microcephaly, severe global development delay. Feeding issues and hyperexplexia I would love to hear from other parents and carers In the same situation. as im really struggling.

Comments

• dextersmum18
    dextersmum18 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Hi @dextersmum18, welcome to the scope online community. I'm Tammy one of the volunteer community champions here on the site. It's nice to meet you.
    Your son is beautiful. There are lots of people here who you can connect with. Take alook around the site and I hope you find it useful and welcoming. 
    Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance. 
    Tammy ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @dextersmum18. Dexter looks like a handsome chap! I'm sure many of our parents will be happy to talk to you and if they're in similar situations, share their experiences. I look forward to seeing you around! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dextersmum18 and welcome to the Community.  What a lovely boy he is!  It is nice to meet you both.  You have come to the right place for friendship and support and as @Adrian_Scope has said, there are many parents on the forum too who will be happy to chat to you.  We are a friendly bunch of people!  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway.  If there is anything we can do to support of help you then please just give us a shout.  All the best to you and Dexter.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • emmapaige
    emmapaige Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Omg he is absolutely bloody georgous my son was born with severe microcephaly he has hypertonia,CP, nysticmas,bilateral cystic encephalomalacia just to name a few things that are wrong. I completely feel you Hun my son will be 1 in a week and it's been extremely overwhelming, hope your feeling a lot better since this was posted❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.