Hi, my name is TheoBreakspear! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TheoBreakspear!

Options
TheoBreakspear
TheoBreakspear Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I’m Theo, I’m 23 and I studied physics, but I’m taking some time out after falling ill with ME/CFS and I’m training as a massage therapist so I can work part time. I love science, music and nature. 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TheoBreakspear and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for the interesting introduction.  How are you today?  Did you enjoy your physics course?  It sounds fascinating!  Good luck with your training to become a massage therapist.  It sounds fab!  You sound as though you have many interests.  

Lots of us on here have varied interests also so you are sure to find other members with similar interests too.  I know music is always a popular one on here and you will find some threads on that on the Coffee Lounge, if you want to take a look.  Please have a look around the site at your leisure and join in any discussions that you fancy.  You will find us to be a friendly bunch of people.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @TheoBreakspear :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TheoBreakspear - Welcome to the community from me too! I'm sorry to read you have ME, as unfortunately so do other people here. I hope you may 'meet' some of them. This is indeed a lovely place to be, with very friendly people, & I see you've already heard from 2 of them!
    Here's a link to the 'Coffee Lounge' that was mentioned: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge There's a post there too about pets, if you have any, where we share photos of them, as well as music & hobbies, & so much more!
    I also share a love of nature with my son: he is particularly interested in big cats!
    I hope to see you around, & I hope your training is going well too. I know a fair bit about massage, having been a physiotherapist.

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    edited December 2019
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community @TheoBreakspear  , I’m Emma,
     That’s great that your going down a new path. Glad to have you with us. We’re all happy to help should you have any questions or need any assistance navigating the community.
  • brujah81
    brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Options
    Welcome @TheoBreakspear my name is Kelly, i have ME/CFS too. Tell us a little about yourself?

Kelly
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great to have you here @TheoBreakspear. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.