Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Hi, my name is Trish

I am deaf but have 5% hearing with bilateral aids. I’ve recently had an illness where I couldn’t wear my aids and therefore am totally deaf. It’s made me realise just how vulnerable that’s made me, not being able to be left on my own. I wondered how anyone else feels in similar situations 

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @nanny2lots    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.

We guide, advise and help members of our community.

I am sorry what you are going through.  I have and do understand the problems you are experiencing.

Born with a genetic condition as I was. Got physical, mental illness.

Deafness and eyesight issues.

Made worse by long term alcohol abuse, now clean.

Was told that by rehab and Doctors.

Please have a look around our website, your not alone with your disability. There will be others to be supportive.

I am giving you a link to an organisation, may offer information. Support.

https://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk.

Please if you have any questions please ask.

We offer compassion, empathy and sensitivity.

Friendly, care and share.

Please if I can help further please get in touch.

Happy to help anytime.

Please enjoy your time wit the community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,895 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nanny2lots - I'd just like to welcome you to our friendly & supportive community. I don't face the difficulties you have, but I see you have already 'met' my friend thespiceman, & there may be others here who have also understand.
    I also have a genetic disorder, but this has affected me physically, which comes with it's own set of problems!
    Please have a look around, you can use the 'All groups' link on the right-hand side near the top of this page to see the different sections of the forum, & also chat here any time.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,914 Scope community team
    Welcome to the community @nanny2lots. I hope you'll find some support and people you can relate to here. :smile:
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.