Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi to all
Hi I'm Aaron 49 years old from the UK. I've been struggling for the last couple of years. I was self employed in the building industry. I started to get back pains. I've been diagnosed with scoliosis. Me and my partner are struggling with money as I have not had a full diagnoses I've not been able to claim PIP. We do claim working tax and the last couple of months just about paid our bills. My partner works part time. I love the NHS but feel it's taking so long to get things sorted. I have an MRI scan on my lower spine in the middle of September and got the results last week. Which means another trip to the consultant. I'm in pain daily. I have some meds but try not to use all the time. I use a TENS machine, hot water bottles and CBD oil(when I can afford it). I'm now looking at retraining. No idea what yet, but something I'm not on my feet all the time or sat down all the time as both cause me more pain. I found this group last night. I'm in several groups on Facebook and I feel I have learnt more from them than my GP. Thanks for listening and being here. Cheers.
- 55.5K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 161 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 602 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 711 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 954 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.