Fibro and memory — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibro and memory

Options
Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Hi I'm finding a lot lately I can't remember a word like yesterday I wanted kitchen roll but kept saying chicken roll  later on I needed a spoon could not think of the word at all. Anyone know if fibro has anything to do with that x

Comments

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Firefly123. I have ME and fibro. I am always doing it! I quite of often say words back to front (spoonerism). One example is I have said swyflotter instead of flyswotter. A friend of mine does it all the time. He quite often says whole sentences back to front. One example of what he said to me once was I am going to cough down and drink this city. What he meant to say was I am going to sit down and drink this coffee. I also quite often forgetting words and also forget what I am doing. I think it is normal in people who have fibro.
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Hi. @deb74 irs rather frustrating at times. Having a conversation then your mind just goes blank. Or asking. For  something and it turns into sharades thanks for your reply x
  • deb74
    Options
    Hi Firefly123. I also have hydrocephalus which is a form brain damage. I have always had problems with finding the right words and getting stuck with my words not coming out right but it has definatley got worse since I have had fibro. I know what you mean about it being really frustrating though.
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Yes it is I'm just sorta trying to find my way through and listen to my body as the pain is unbeatable at times. Much worse in this cold weather. I also have a lot of other health problems which doesn't help its like a domino one illness affects the rest. Hope you have a lovely weekend. 
  • deb74
    Options
    Hi Firefly. You are right about one thing affecting another. I am not always sure what is causing what but we just have to get on with thing as best we can.
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Yes we do I very often get told due to all my health problems I'm very complex think they say this when they don't have an answer. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us!
    Scope

• gray1
    gray1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    That's defo fibro . That's and stuttering.
  • Firefly123
    Options
    It's rather embarrassing at times x
  • gray1
    gray1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Its a nightmare for sure 
    I forget words then loose track of what I'm talking about . Then panic and the conversation has gone altogether
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Yes that's the same for me was at a rather important meeting and was speaking then my mind went blank and could not think what I was even saying. 
  • brujah81
    brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Options
    I have Fibro and ME, and i always mix words up.. call the fridge the microwave.. and the washing machine the TV etc!
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Good to know it's not. Just me x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.