I no longer need medical certificates? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I no longer need medical certificates?

anne65 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I had phone call today telling me I no longer need medical certificates & shouldn’t have for a long time & it’s been an oversight, will I be entitled to back money at a higher rate? Feel greedy thinking I might. Thanks 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,079 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    HI and welcome,

    I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and support others.

    I'm assuming this is regarding a work capability assessment because you mention medical certificates, is that correct? Were you found fit for work previously and did your money stop? if so what was the recent decision they made, did they place you into one of the groups?

    Sorry for all the questions but you haven't really given enough of information to be able to advise you correctly, so much information is needed.

    It's getting late now, so i will give you further advice in the morning, if i can.
  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @anne65

    Welcome it’s great to meet you this morning.

    It’s great to see that my good friend @poppy123456 is already helping you with your current post.

    Please please let me know if you need any further help/advice??

  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,545 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @anne65 :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.