Dla — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla

Options
Poppy12
Poppy12 Community member Posts: 66 Connected
Hello can I get an application form for my son who is 8 year old with social and emotional issues and an underline diagnosis he's been referred to see a pieditrition but that will take weeks. He's on the special needs register. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Poppy12 I am a community champion here at scope. I would go ahead and get an application form as there is nothing to lose. An award is not based on diagnosis but how your sons condition affects him on a daily basis. If you need any support in the application please get in touch. Good luck with what you decide to do
  • Poppy12
    Options
    Thanks alot but do I need to ring them up as I'm not good at that 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi you can claim over the phone or complete an online claim form, they can be found on the GOV.UK website. Just google how do I claim DLA for my child and this should take you to the right page. Hope this helps  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

To claim DLA for a child you need to show they need more care and attention than that of a child the same age that doesn't have a disability. You'll need evidence to support a claim.

Ringing them to request a form is the best way to start a claim because by doing this, they stamp the form with the date and if awarded it's backdated to that date.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wheatleyus
    wheatleyus Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi Here is a link to filling out the DLA form. 
    https://cerebra.org.uk/download/disability-living-allowance-dla-guide/
     It is useful to request a copy of the form via the telephone as the claim if successful is back dated to the date of the request. This can be handy as it can take you up to a few weeks to fill out the form.
    You can then use the digital file to complete the application and send it in with one that was mailed out to you. Send copies of all the reports you have and indicate that you are waiting for further diagnosis. Fill out the mobility part if your child have issues with safety awareness, runs off etc. 
    Hope this helps.
  • Poppy12
    Options
    Thankyou very much 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.