Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Any experiences with gastric pacing?
Hello I’m 60 years young, and a retired nurse. I have struggled with chronic health issues for many years, but always found a way to keep going and more importantly smiling. I have been diagnosed with gastroparesis and slow transit colon, I’m really struggling with nausea and have a non surgical J tube which was placed in December due to weight loss and poor oral intake. I have been referred to Essex Hospital for Assessment to see if I’m suitable for gastric pacing, has anyone here had this, good or bad, I’d love to hear your experiences. Thank you in anticipation ?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.