met people for love — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

met people for love

Bazalad
Bazalad Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Type yo

I am Baz and I am 41 years old with cerebral palsy which is a phyiscal disabled I am in a power wheelchair and use a speaking aide to. I am gay man. 10 years ago I met a man on web, he came to meet me we got married I loved him, but I knew thing wasnt right between us. in 2017 I put me out of my house, then I find he wasnt tell the true, will I find love

ur message

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Baz sorry to hear that, hope you're doing ok now? I believe there's someone special out there for all of us.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Bazalad
    Bazalad Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Type your comm

My story

My name is Baz I am 41 years old i got cerebral palsy which is a phyiscal disabillity i am in a power wheelchair and user a speaking aide too. About ten years ago I was going to the Issca conference over in Span to tell my story so far my using my SL40 Lightwrighter which is a Communication aide. Three months before I went to do this I went on to a gay chat room and I met a man he was 15 years an myself, we full in love. as soon I came back from the world meeting where was great he came an meet me and moved in, but no one was happy but I have a mind over my own five married late we was married, I was liked no matter what my man say he was right, liked when I am at home I move around on my bum sometime he would pull me a long by the legs liked a dog or pull my head up and down. in 2017 I told me leave then I find out everything he told me wasnt the true, why I am so mad.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Bazalad. I noticed you posted on your status that you also felt like he was brainwashing you. I'm really sorry it ended so badly and has made you worried about relationships and whether you'll find love. 
    Do you mind if I ask, when you said he would pull you along by your legs, were you happy with this? If not, have you thought about reporting it?

It might be worth you getting in touch with Broken Rainbow to discuss how you're feeling. https://www.brokenrainbow.org.uk/
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.