Education and learning
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Supporting Children with Additional Needs through Bereavement

tooneyj57tooneyj57 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2020 in Education and learning
I'm new to this but hope I can get advice

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

please may I ask what advice you would like? I’m sure someone will help you further. 
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,444 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @tooneyj57 how can we help? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,959 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tooneyj57 - Welcome to this very friendly & supportive community from me too. Please do say what we might help you with, as there's usually someone here that can help, or offer advice. :)
  • tooneyj57tooneyj57 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I did a course today on supporting bereaved children and there was information from scope about supporting people with special needs through loss and I was told I could download it
  • AilsAils Member Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tooneyj57 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I've had a wee look around the site and I'm sorry, but I'm unable to find any Scope information about supporting bereaved children.  However, I will tag in @Adrian_Scope, to see if he can help you with this, as he is a member of the Scope team and may know.  Meantime, I hope you enjoy your course and all the best with it.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  :smile:

Hi @Adrian_Scope, can you help this member access some Scope information on supporting bereaved children?  Thanks, @Ails:smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,925

Scope community team

Hi @tooneyj57 and welcome to the community.
    We don't have any advice on that subject ourselves, but Scope Australia (unaffiliated) have a fantastic resource on the subject which is probably what you were looking for - Supporting people with disabilities coping with grief and loss (Scope Australia)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.