Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


Hi can anyone help me on SDP (severe disability premium) it's all confusing looking on ni_direct it says.. You must get the disability premium or income related ESA or income support and one of the following benefits standard or enhanced daily living component of PIP I get i/r esa and get enhanced rate of daily living for pip does anybody now if I should be getting anything higher than the £24.10 Disability income Guarantee on my ESA thanks


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    To be eligible for the SDP you must live alone or be classed as living alone (no over 18's living with you) unless they claim a qualifying benefit which can be either PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance allowance. No one must be claiming either carers allowance or carers element of Universal credit for looking after you.

    I note that you're receiving the disability income guarantee which is Enhanced disability premium of £24.10 per week. This is couples rate of EDP, i'm assuming you're living with a partner?

    The other disability premium is not payable when claiming ESA.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • OSCAR1OSCAR1 Member Posts: 37 Connected
    Thank you poppy 👍👍
Sign in or join us to comment.