Hi, my name is Lissy! I have written a blog post aimed at people with hidden disabilities — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lissy! I have written a blog post aimed at people with hidden disabilities

Options
Lissytaliaa
Lissytaliaa Community member Posts: 9 Connected

Please enter the following link into Google to view my recent blog post on living with an Invisi-bility:

lissytaliaa.blogspot.com

I wanted to share my story with other people, as I understand how difficult it can be living with a disability that people can’t always see. It’s challenging and often frustrating. I hope that by sharing this, it will allow people to feel like you are not alone, and things can get better with time.

Thank you, Lissy :)

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    edited April 2020
    Options
    You're candidly exploring a really important subject here, so thank you for sharing this @Lissytaliaa. How long you have been blogging now?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lissytaliaa
    Options
    Thank you very much! I’ve had a few people respond to me elsewhere saying they’ve experienced the same thing and they’ve found they have been able to relate to it, which my exact aim of my blog. This the first thing I’ve ever written, so about two days ago haha!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Wow. Well, I like that you've been really honest from the off. Did you enjoy writing it?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lissytaliaa
    Options
    Yeah, it felt good to finally write about my experience as it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. It’s scary sharing something that personal, but it might make people more aware that things may not be as they seem, just because someone is acting a certain way. I thought now was a good time to do it as a lot of people are probably living alone - or not - and may just be worried about everything that is happening in the world. 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Lissytaliaa
                               How are you? Thank you so much for sharing this with us, you have been very honest and I am pleased to hear that others have contacted you to share similar experiences which I understand is the aim of your blog. This blog was very well written so if it is something you enjoyed doing then I hope you feel able to continue and please do share them with us here on the community if you would like too. Thank you. 
  • Lissytaliaa
    Options
    Hi @WestHam06, I’m good thank you, I hope you’re okay? Aww, I’m really pleased that you enjoyed reading it, and yes I’m really pleased it has reached people in similar circumstances. Wow, thank you very much! I am definitely considering writing another one, but I need to work out which topic first. Thank you for your kind words, I will definitely post them on here when I write another! 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lissytaliaa - Your blog comes across that, not only did you have something to say (& told well), but you hoped to help others by doing so. This is a good place to get your message to reach more people with disabilities, so my thank you too for sharing this. :)
    Just also to say I hope you enjoy being here with us all. Please join in with discussions too. I feel you have a lot to offer, & it seems like we'd all like to know how you're doing.....& if you write anything else.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lissytaliaa and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  Thank you for sharing your blog with us.  Can I say very well done as it is marvellous writing and a very important subject that deserves to be highlighted.  I'm sure many of our members will relate a lot to what you are saying in your blog and it will give hope and inspiration to many.  I'm sure you will make a very valuable contribution to our forum and it's great having you on board so thank you for joining us.  I look forward to reading more of your blog and seeing your future posts on here.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Lissytaliaa
    Options
    @chiarieds That is really kind, thank you so much. I will definitely get involved where I can, thanks again!
  • Lissytaliaa
    Options
    Hi @Ails You are so kind, thank you so much! I’m really glad people have enjoyed reading it and I’d really like to think it will help make a slight difference to those in similar situations. All the best to you!  :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's a great post @Lissytaliaa!! Thank you for sharing this with us!
    Scope

• Astr0cent
    Astr0cent Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I myself have a hidden disability and its good to know that other people feel the same and share similar experiences.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Lissytaliaa
                              I very much look forward to reading more of your posts as and when you feel the time is right. I also look forward to hopefully seeing you around the community as I feel you have a valuable contribution to share which we will all appreciate and draw inspiration and learning from.  I am ok, thank you for asking. Thank you. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.