ED query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ED query

bigB
bigB Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Pls someone can help me, my age is 54 yrs, I’m having ED. Dr prescribed me seldenafil 50mg, Used twice worked well With my wife, third time completely failed, but I have to say before I’ve taken empty stomach and this time after having dinner hours time? Furthermore interesting is that if I go to my girlfriend then I don’t need the tablet?
pls help

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @bigB and welcome to the community. 

On the NHS page it lists a few reasons that it may not be effective and reminds users that "Taking sildenafil alone will not cause an erection. You need to be aroused for it to work."

Some of the other reasons listed are:
    • you have not waited long enough after taking it before trying to have sex
    • you have waited too long after taking it to have sex
    • the dose is not high enough
    • you're not sexually aroused enough
    If you are still having problems with ED it may be worth speaking to your doctor about adjusting the dose.

I hope that helps.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @bigB most hospitals have an ED clinic now and I personally found ours very helpful.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.