Hi, my name is degsey88! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is degsey88!

degsey88
degsey88 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi folks I'm struggling with been highly sensitive person,,take everything to heart ,it affects my daily life ,any advice would be great

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @degsey88 - Welcome to this friendly community. I'm sorry you feel like you're struggling with this, & the effect it has on you. I'm sorry I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to thank you for joining this group, & hopefully someone else may be able to help. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @degsey88

Good Morning & Welcome.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please have a good look ? around.

If you experience any problems please come back to me????

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @degsey88 Welcome to the community it is great to have you with us. Is there anything in particular you are sensitive about ? Maybe talk to your GP and they may be able to suggest some sort of online support to teach you some ways to manage your sensitivity.

Have a look around and feel free to join in any discussions and I look forward to seeing you around
  • Iseeyou
    Iseeyou Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hiya, try not to think to much about how the conversation went and could've,  should've or what you could've done differently. Try not to Google. If someone's bringing you down it's time to kick them to the curb.
    Treat yourself. Get a Yorkshire terrier puppy for life. 
  • degsey88
    degsey88 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi folks thanks for your replys, I take fluxotine 20 mg a day , if someone days the wrong thing to me it affects me for days , I wake up in morning and first thing you do is think of the negative things on my mind , my brain hurts with over thinking ??
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @degsey88. That sounds like a heavy burden to carry around with you. I would definitely speak to your GP about it if you haven't already. Were you getting much mental health support before coronavirus?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.