If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Volunteering

Options
Milts
Milts Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hello.  I'm wanting to volunteer in Oxford, either in the charity shop or anything.  I am a teacher with the long summer holiday looming and would really like to get involved.  Anyone got any suggestions?  Many thanks, Harriet.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,581 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Milts!

Here is what I found on Scope's website:

Oxford charity shop

Second-hand clothes, shoes, accessories, homeware, bric-a-brac, books, CDs, toys, sports equipment, and a selection of new goods and greetings cards.

Open Monday to Sunday 10am to 4pm

256 Banbury Road, Summertown, Oxford, OX2 7DX | View map

01865 554770 
    There also is loads of links on NCVO which shows ways you can get involved.

I hope this helps. :)
    Scope

• Milts
    Milts Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Thanks @Chloe_Scope.  I've been in contact and am popping into the Summertown shop on Saturday!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,581 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Amazing @Milts! Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.