PIP HELP PAYMENT — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP HELP PAYMENT

ChloeHibbert
ChloeHibbert Member Posts: 47 Listener
Hi everyone !

I get paid every 4 weeks, and wanted to no can I get paid weekly? Or , is it only. Monthly? Just thought I would ask. 
Thanks 
everyone 
?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,431 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP is only paid 4 weekly, i'm not aware of payments being made fortnightly.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,151 Disability Gamechanger
    Best I could find was a FOI reply which was pretty definite that PIP is only paid 4 weekly.
    Be extra nice to new members.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

As advised PIP only paid 4 weekly, but maybe you could have it paid into a different account and then set up a  transfer weekly to your normal account if this would help

Best wishes take care
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,845 Connected
    All benefits can have alternative payment arrangements (with the honourable exception of UC so far). It’s wholly discretionary so you have to both make the case and accept that there’s no formal right of appeal (although you could do a JR I guess). 

So, yes you could, but not just because you ask. There has to be a specific and compelling reason for the change.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.