Possible prime Aug 2020 UK holiday booking available — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Possible prime Aug 2020 UK holiday booking available

Options
MattA
MattA Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all,

I had been looking forward to taking my wife Kym back to a simply delightful disabled-friendly house we rented in Southwold, Suffolk this August, having rented the property on a self-catering basis also last summer, but very sadly Kym passed away suddenly of Covid-related conditions in late February. That was a real shock to me and I am slowly coming to terms with it. 

As a result the weeks we would have been there, are available. The property is called Hightide, it is in a lovely location just 60 metres from the pier and the beach and it sleeps up to 8 guests. The property contains a ground floor single bedroom with an electric bed and pressure mattress and a ceiling hoist tracks from the bedroom to a wet room. There is a ground floor lounge, kitchen, dining area and patio for BBQs + 3 other bedrooms for other guests. Everything is wheelchair accessible apart from the first-level bedrooms. The dates when Hightide is available are Aug 14 - 28 2020 and you could speak to Suffolk Secrets (01502 722717) about a possible booking for all or some of those dates.  Suffolk Secrets also have a website where you can look up images and information about Hightide. We absolutely loved it there last year and very handily were able to book friendly local carers daily to assist my wife. I'd be happy to pass on their details if anyone would like them.

I don't have my wife to care for sadly now and we had been married over 20 years but I must content myself with the many loving memories we enjoyed. 

It would be nice to know that someone else with a disability with family and/or carers, might be able to stay there and enjoy it. I am happy to help further if anyone fancies a break from their surroundings and would like more details of what our stay was like, about local amenities or to know about the local carers.

Best, Matt

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MattA

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MattA - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm so sorry to read about your wife Kym, but thank you for posting with your lovely message hoping another disabled person might get the benefit of the accommodation you'd both enjoyed.
    Now you're a member of this great community, please use this forum in any way you'd wish. If you'd like to chat, there's usually someone here. I'm truly sorry for your dreadful loss, but again, how great you can look back with such fondness at the memories you have, which will never leave you. If there's anything we can do to help or support you kindly let us know, & you will always be most welcome here Matt.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.